What we Collect
We receive and may store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. Here are the types of information we collect:
- contact details including name, phone number and email address
- delivery information including address and postcode
- your preference to receive or not to receive direct marketing emails
- information about the type of browser you use
- your IP address and other Internet related settings
- anonymous statistics about how you use our website (see Google Analytics Overview)
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your details held by us, and display content such as products & services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our website and services, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to process your payment or carry out technical, logistical or other essential non-marketing functions on our behalf. Anonymous extracts from customer feedback may be used for marketing purposes.
What we do with your payment details
Does GameRascal share your information with others?
We do not sell your information to others. We share customer information only as described below. Information released to third parties is restricted to that required to perform specific functions and is processed only as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
- Payments and Refunds: We share with our Payment Service Providers, PayPal and Google Wallet, those details necessary to pay for your order or process a refund.
- Delivery: we share your delivery details with delivery companies such as Royal Mail to deliver packages and other mail.
- Protection of GameRascal and Others: We release personal information when we believe this is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of GameRascal, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Product Improvement: We share with Google Analytics anonymous data regarding your use of our website to help us improve our product.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small text file on your computer which allows a web application to store information and use it to respond to you as an individual.
- enhance your shopping experience;
- enable you to share GameRascal pages through various social networking sites and email;
- provide anonymous statistical data to help us mould the website to your needs.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This would prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or take advantage of some website features.
- You can choose not to have your address details stored in a cookie on your computer by clearing the ‘Remember me’ box on the checkout page. If you have previously checked the ‘Remember me’ box to have your address details stored in a local cookie, you can remove such information by following the instructions in your browser's Help system to delete the cookie.
- You can refuse to accept cookies from our website by following the instructions in the Help pages of your particular browser. This may prevent you from using some of our website features.
- You can choose not to receive direct marketing emails by leaving the ‘Allow Promotional Emails’ box unchecked on the checkout page. If you have previously chosen to receive direct marketing material, you can choose to stop receiving such material by clicking the Unsubscribe link contained in each marketing email we send you. Alternatively you can unsubscribe by contacting us.
- You can prevent Google Analytics collecting anonymous visitor information by installing their browser opt-out Add-on.
- You can choose not to have anonymous extracts from your feedback used in marketing materials by contacting us.
- You can choose not to use the social icons (ShareThis, Facebook, Twitter & Email) at the top of each page.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. An administrative fee of £5.00 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot, therefore, be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.